For genealogy and history visit The Pettit History and Genealogy Research Project.

Bookmark this site:
https://pettitresearch.com/

Samuel Pettit family from Coatesville PA

My mother just ended up in possession of a Catholic Bible that has been passed down in her mother’s family as a ‘family Bible’, but upon closer inspection it is the family Bible of Samuel D. Pettit and Henrietta A. Connor Pettit from Coatesville, PA, married in 1844. It looks like the family had remained in the Coatesville area at least until the early 1900’s, and the last birth recorded was Donald R. Holton in 1934.

My maternal grandmother’s maiden name was Bechtel and her mother was an Erb from the Souderton/Lansdale area in Montgomery County, PA. My mother was a Souder. We have no idea if my mother’s family was related to the Pettit family somehow, perhaps through marriage, or if the Bible ended up in our family’s possession through some other means.

Any leads on this family??

Comments

• Hi Keturah,

I am not familiar with any of the names you mentioned. If you send me photos of the Bible pages that contain the family record and the inside cover that shows the date of the Bible I'll be more than happy to post it on the main website here with a link to your message in the forum. It will get more attention that way and maybe someone will recognize one of the names.

Brandon