For genealogy and history visit The Pettit History and Genealogy Research Project.

Bookmark this site:
https://pettitresearch.com/

Pettit and Forrester?

My daughter just found out that we, and my deceased mother, have a TON of Pettit DNA matches descended from Joshua of Spartanburg. and I think I have traced them back to Forrester, MAYBE. I have the DNA trees of two Forrester descendants who have some of the same Pettit DNA matches I have. Thee are just too many matches for there not to be a familial relationship. I found an internet post that in 1715 in New Rochelle NY Joshua Pettit inherited a farm from a Theophilus Forrestier. Inheritance suggests a familial relationship. I would love to tack the Pettits onto my pedigree somewhere, but I need help!!!!

Comments

• Hi Sandy,

I don't have any Forrester connections in my direct line but there were Forresters living near the Pettits in southern Spartanburg Co., SC. In 1796 a John Forrester sold land to Benjamin Pettit, son of Joshua and Rachel Pettit. This land was on Caine Creek of the Tyger River and was about 53 acres. Any chance you may be connected to Benjamin? He was born in 1769 and I have a couple of articles about him on the website.

--Brandon Pettit