For genealogy and history visit The Pettit History and Genealogy Research Project.

Bookmark this site:
https://pettitresearch.com/

Seeking info on Bryan Bruin of Frederick Co., VA

Bryan Bruin operated an ordinary in Winchester, Frederick Co., VA and did business with Richard Pearis, Peter Steenbergen and others. I would like to know if anyone knows the whereabouts of his account books or ledgers. I have info on Bryan Bruin I would be willing to share (see below) which includes the specific dates he was in Romney in 1768, 1769, 1771 and 1772.

Comments

• Hi Brandon, I don't know the whereabouts of account books or ledgers of Bryan Bruin, but am intrigued by an October 17, 1771 advertisement in the Virginia Gazette in which Bruin said he was leaving the colony of Virginia in the spring of 1772 and was therefore selling his land holdings, which were extensive and located, according to the article, in Frederick Co., VA and Hampshire Co., VA. I believe tracts were also in what was then Augusta Co., VA. I had Goff ancestors in the area of Romney and am interested in the document you posted. Thanks, Phil

• Very interesting info. Do you happen to know Bruin he was relocating to in 1772? That advertisement is similarly worded to the one Hite ran prior to reloacting to Indian lands with Richard Pearis. I wonder if there is a chance Bruin was involved in this Cherokee land deal. I'll have to check it out. Thoughts?